One of main objectives is to provide high quality open space that is welcoming and accessible to all. In total 60% (15.5 acres) of this development will be open space.
- 50% (13 acres) will be publicly accessible, combining a significant network of a park, piazzas, green streets and public shared surfaces;
- The other 10% comprises of spaces such as private courtyards and semi-private amenity spaces;
- Other space include a science and ecology garden to encourage people to learn about nature as well as promoting healthy living and exercise.
At the heart of our proposals will be the stunning Four Seasons park, extending to 5 acres. This linear park will create a new destination for everyone to enjoy and become the core of a new neighbourhood. The park extends to nearly 5 acres, which is equivalent to 3.5 football pitches and it will include children’s play spaces and informal areas for outdoor sports.
In addition to the park, we will also provide:
- Over 12.5 acres of exemplary, accessible public realm;
- A 1.2 acre science garden, accessible for all that will also be used by the school for outdoor classrooms and active learning;
- A network of green streets, which will integrate accessible routes within the masterplan and surrounding communities;
- A public piazza and event space by the new station; and
- Private courtyards and semiprivate amenity spaces.
There are many ways that these new open spaces will be brought to life and we hope that each one will have its own value for new and existing communities alike.