Welcome to the Berkeley Homes TwelveTrees Park Community Website
This community website has been created to ensure that you, the local community have direct access to important information about the exciting development at Twelve Trees Park including construction updates and news and how to get in touch with the site team. We hope you find the website informative.
TwelveTrees Park is the rebranded name of the Berkeley Homes development site previously known as Stephenson Street.
In February 2018, following more than two years positive dialogue with the local community and with Newham Council, we were extremely pleased that the Strategic Development Committee came to the unanimous decision to grant planning permission for the development site. This was followed by a referral to the Mayor of London and the Secretary of State and full planning permission was issued in August 2018.
Since then, we have continued to work with Newham Council and the Greater London Authority on the details and conditions of the planning consent. In November 2019, we were delighted to welcome the Mayor of Newham, Rokhsana Fiaz, to TwelveTrees Park to officially ‘break ground’ on the site.
The site will deliver:
- 3,838 new homes – 40% of this will be much needed affordable housing for the people of Newham and surrounding area
- A dedicated community space
- New retail and commercial units
- A new home for the East London Science School
- A 4.5-acre park and a total of 12.5 acres of high quality accessible public spaces
The development will also unlock the site to the community for the first-time improving connections and access by:
- A link from West Ham Station into a new local centre
- Two new pedestrian bridges onto the site increasing access and connectivity from existing communities
- A new road bridge / layout to improve traffic flow and ease potential congestion
- Green links that will extend as the project is built out and will be integrated into the Leaway